|Title: Cross-stitched art [i.e., needlepoint] located in sanctuary, Highlands Methodist Episcopal Church at Five Points, Birmingham, Alabama. Creator(s): Highsmith, Carol M., 1946-, photographer. Date Created/Published: 2010 February 25. Medium: 1 photograph : digital, TIFF file, color. JPEG (85kb) || JPEG (212kb) || TIFF (40.1mb)|
Part of: Highsmith, Carol M., 1946- Carol M. Highsmith Archive. Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-highsm-05013 (original digital file)
Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
* Construction on the Sanctuary Building began in 1907, and with it came a new name for the congregation, Highlands Methodist Episcopal Church, South. After two years construction, the Spanish Renaissance Revival style Sanctuary was completed in March 1909.
* Title, date, subject note, and keywords provided by the photographer.
* Credit line: The George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America, Library of Congress, Prints and Photographs Division.
* Gift; George F. Landegger; 2010; (DLC/PP-2010:090).
* Forms part of: George F. Landegger Collection of Alabama Photographs in Carol M. Highsmith's America Project in the Carol M. Highsmith Archive.