Title: Bethlehem. Church of the Nativity. Creator(s): Matson Photo Service, photographer. Date Created / Published: between 1950 and 1977. Medium: 1 slide : color ; 2 x 2 in. Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-matpc-22859 (digital file from original photo)
Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication. Photographs in the G. Eric and Edith Matson Photograph Collection are in the public domain.
The G. Eric and Edith Matson Photograph Collection is a rich source of historical images of the Middle East. The majority of the images depict Palestine (present day Israel and the West Bank) from 1898 to 1946. Most of the collection consists of over 22,000 glass and film photographic negatives and transparencies created by the American Colony Photo Department and its successor firm, the Matson Photo Service. Over 1,000 photographic prints and eleven albums are also part of this collection.
Call Number: LC-M305- SL6-204 [P&P] Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
Notes: Title from: Matson color slides and filmstrips of Bible Lands ... , the Matson Photo Service. On slide mount: Church of the Nativity. On slide mount: Copyright Matson Photo Service.
Color slide reproduced from black and white negative or print which was handcolored, and then photographed with color film. Slide made from image taken earlier by either the American Colony Photo
Department or the Matson Photo Service. Gift; Episcopal Home; 1978.
Subjects: West Bank--Bethlehem. Format: Slides. Collections: Matson (G. Eric and Edith) Photograph Collection. Part of: G. Eric and Edith Matson Photograph Collection.
The Church of the Nativity editing/sookietex More about this image and story at Public Domain Clip Art - http://publicdomainclip-art.blogspot.com/2011/12/bethlehem-church-of-nativity.html
The Church of the Nativity is a basilica located in Bethlehem, Palestine. The church was originally commissioned in 327 AD by Constantine and his mother Helena over the site that is still traditionally considered to be located over the cave that marks the birthplace of Jesus.